If you can think it,
we can build it
Position is responsible for the district-wide implementation, maintenance and administration of all the company’s server systems.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitors and manages applications, hardware, and accesses across the overall company enterprise network (AEN)
- Interacts with customers to troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex hardware, software, and performance problems and access issues for customers using mainframe, LANs, PCs and printers.
- Evaluates problems and identifies solutions; internal or external technical, service personnel; coordinates the procurement of necessary services
- Reviews daily and weekly customer service reports, assessing performance and services and assures proper resolution of issues.
- Coordinates the transition of IT service and infrastructure initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for new or more efficient application of the organization's technological capabilities.
- Recommends upgrades of hardware and software, or modifications to procedures to improve efficiency and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Gathers and analyzes data.
- Provides liaison between customer and technical.
- Performs other IT related duties as required.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
- LINUX Administration
- Installation and configuration of any Java Application Server or Servlet Container (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Glassfish, Weblogic)
- Installation and configuration of the LAMP stack
- Installation and administration of any open source database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Must be willing to learn Oracle Database Administration (if not already skilled up on this)
- Performance monitoring of OS/DB/Application
- Shell scripting and Network Security
- Linux Firewall Setup
- Email Server Administration