If you can think it,
we can build it
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations if needed.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Instrumental in coordinating with departments, monitoring and communicating developments in high-profile escalations. Single Point of Contact (SPOC) has been consistently delivering dependable and streamlined communication and coordination services between Seer and its clients. The SPOC functions as the trusted focal point of information for all core tech and administrative related concerns.
- Strategically set the overall directions and plans of the team within the organization
- Plan for and monitor critical milestones for all functional areas
- Serve as the principal escalation contact of clients for overall tech and admin related concerns
- Conduct scheduled formal review processes with the support and/other operational improvements of the programs
- Bachelor's degree in a reputable college/university;
- At least 8 years direct work experience in a project management capacity
- Computer base knowledge in all Microsoft applications, must be able to learn and operate other computer applications as required
SKILLS & FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Familiar with programming languages, database and operating systems experience
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.